david creek

Thursday, December 14, 2006

What a day this has been.

Once again, I find myself standing on the mountain top. My soul has been revived, reenergized, and rejuvenated. Although my eyes are heavy with weariness and fatigue, my soul stands tall and strong, more convicted and in love with Jesus, the Christ, than when I awoke this morning…and last night…and the day before.

Am I at a retreat, you may ask? No…in the past year and a half, one of the many things I’ve learned: all you need for true spiritual revival is an open Bible and an open heart and mind.

I cannot even begin to describe what a blessing it is to be here at this time and in this place. Having the privilege and opportunity to get together with many fellow preachers of the Gospel and to spend our days together studying the Word of God with some absolute giants of faith through the many years.

Today, many different sentiments could be found within me.

The fire within me for the Lord has grown and grown. The desire to go out into this world to make disciples everywhere, far and wide, is increasing more and more each day as I grow in the love and understanding of my Lord.

But there is also somewhat of a sad emotion as well.

As we wrapped up two more wonderful life-changing classes today, part of me was longing for this to keep going, on and on. These two years here are so precious…so overwhelmingly invigorating.

When the time comes to move on from this place, I pray I will always be a man of the Word and devote myself to the feasting of His Word. But it’s been said that never again will we be able to spend as much time studying as we are right now.

No, ministry school isn’t a prerequisite for evangelism. No, everyone doesn’t have to go.

But I am eternally grateful that I made the decision to come here. That I leaned on Christ when the forces of hostility voiced their criticisms toward me and that I came here to grow and to more adequately prepare myself for the full-time evangelism I wish to devote the rest of my life to.

As much as I’m going to miss studying and growing with these dear brothers in Christ, I can’t wait to get out there, with more time and more understanding and a deeper love for Christ as well as the lost.

This world is lost and empty from head to toe. She’s blinded by the disease of the mindset that there are many ways, when in actuality, there is one.

Even more alarmingly so, the Church is drifting further and further away from the authority of God’s Word and are embracing the doctrines of men.

Time is of the essence.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    David,
    I can not believe that I must wait until November to meet you! Your writing is so eloquent. I wish you were closer so that maybe I could learn to love God as you and Amanda do.

    Much love, auntie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home