david creek

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

















My dear brothers, sisters, family, and friends,

Peace and love to you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

I apologize for the lack of updates as of late. Term five was one of the busiest ones to date. …I promise, it was! :)

We finished an excellent series of studies in Ephesians, Colossians, James, 1 and 2 Peter, the Minor Prophets, an introduction to Missions, and the Sacrificial System, all of which were blessings to my walk and ministry.

If any of you could take one of the extension courses, allow me to recommend the Sacrificial System taught by brother Gerald Paden. This study examines the sacrificial system found in Leviticus and other Old Testament passages. It’s absolutely amazing how the events of the sacrificial process was a shadow of what was to come in Christ.

This course is available here.

Another wonderful thing about Sunset? Once a term is completed, we are given a week off to catch up on sleep, rest, and then squeeze in a little more rest after we’re through resting. This has been a calming and restful week, but I really look forward to the new term, which begins this Monday.

In term six, we will study Isaiah, Church Growth, Hebrews, as well as courses focusing on the Church of Christ, and Christian Counseling. After completing Sacrificial System, I am looking so forward to studying Hebrews, which not only is one of my single-most favorite books, but also ties right in to what we just covered in the previous course.

Lord-willing in four short weeks, I will be back in my hometown of Phoenix, Arizona. I will be arriving the evening of Friday, November 17 and I will be returning to Lubbock on Saturday, the 25th.

I look forward to seeing those of you who live there. When I’m in town I want you to know that I will be arriving with a sermon “in my hip pocket” just in case if the opportunity comes to preach it. Even if I do not get the opportunity to preach to you, tell me somewhere else you know of and I’ll go and preach there.

Needless to say, there’s one thing I long to do…one thing I live to do and that is to preach the Word and the saving Gospel of Jesus Christ and to live for Him in this world.

I’m looking so forward to being back and seeing you. Thank you, one and all, for your loving prayers, encouragement, and financial support, all of which helps makes it possible for me to be here. I continue to ask for your prayers and want you to know you are in mine each day as well.

May the Lord bless you this week. Let your lights shine for Christ so this world will want to know more about this Jesus we live for.

With Christian Love,
David
2 Peter 1:3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home