david creek

Sunday, October 08, 2006

















The past two weeks have been extremely busy, thus leaving me little, if no time to post.

Yet something happened tonight I couldn’t help but share with you all!

After a small group devotional, my friend Justin and I were driving to the Sunset building to go pick up one of the deaf students, who had been studying and was wanting a ride home.

It had rained earlier in the night and we were riding with the windows down, enjoying the nice cool breeze and the light sprinkles that have come.

As we were on our way, a block away from the building, a truck who had been riding my bumper in a 35 zone swerved over to the left lane and jumped on the accelerator.

Suddenly, a rapid surge of water blasted through my open window, submerging us and soaked our hair and clothes. I got it right in the face! All the books I had and everything in my backseat also felt the effect of the water!

It absolutely soaked us! I think I literally counted four or five seconds of water coming into the truck and absolutely submerging us! It felt like the log ride at Six Flags.

We laughed so hard because this is one of those things that when it happens to you, you are shocked it hasn’t happened to you before. But yeah, that was definitely a first for both of us.

Valuable lesson learned tonight - if it’s been raining, even if it’s nice outside, roll those windows up. You might just get yourself soaked.

Don’t worry mom - I am swallowing the sinus pills as we speak and pray I won’t catch cold during finals week!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you could have taken that opportunity to swerve into the guy that was riding your bumper. that'll learn 'im some sense.

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger Nick said…

    AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

     

Post a Comment

<< Home